Need suggestions for a new build (low budget)

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I am currently trying to help my friend to build a new PC. His current PC is kind of old and he is especially having problems with his video card (don't know the model, but its old!). Here are the specs of his current PC that I was able to get from the CPU-Z screen shoots.

CPU = AMD Athlonâ„¢ XP 3200+
MOBO = AUS A7N8X-E Deluxe
RAM = DDR1 1GB

I'm not sure how much he has saved up, but I know it's not a lot. I would think $500 would be max, even that I think might be 2 much for him. The main parts that he needs are CPU, MOBO, VID CARD, RAM & PSU but if its possible to squeeze a new HDD & a CASE into this budget that would be great! Otherwise he will use his old CASE & HDD. The main use for this PC will be playing CS 1.6 & CS: Source, + Internet & Music. I think newegg would be the best place to start, if someone can help me choose the parts, your help would be greatly appreciated!

With your help I really hope he would like the build and would decide to go for it, but once again money might be a problem. If worse come worse and this build might be 2 much for him, he definitely would at least need a new vid card. I believe his current MOBO is an AGP (can someone plz confirm). Looking at current specs what would be a good vid card for him?

Thanks

yea that theard helped me a little. i built a full ready to use computer with lcd and everything for under 600. and the lcd was 200.so if he has a screen you can take 200 off that 600. and it still includes a keyboard and mose and case and HDD. ask if you want the links.

it is no gamer but with some changes it could be.

Back
Top Bottom