need some help

Ingolf

Baseband Member
ok i just bought a 200 gig hdd and when i plug it into my ide controller card only 128 gigs show up, so either the card cant handle it or something else is wrong, it just so happens that there is no manual anywhere for this card (ultra ata 100 ide controller card - cmd649) and the asus website (my mobo manf) website is not working - i keep getting forwarded to some shit. anyway does anyone know where i can find a tech spec manual for this card and see how many gigs it supports? thanks

What OS are you using? I beleive you must have service pack 3 for 200 to register more than 128 or so. There might be something similar to XP.

Double check your bios settings too. Make sure it can even handle that big of a drive. Or the settings could just be wrong there...

im using win xp, right now i have two (2) 120 gig hdds, a 12 gig, and the new 200, which will replace the 12 could that be a problem?

Hmm...that shouldn't cause a problem... I look around on Asus' site and couldn't find much about the max drive supported. However, it should tell you in your bios. Just connect it and see what it registers as...

Back
Top Bottom