Need Recomendations for a Graphics Card

Tomdarkness

Beta member
Hi,

Basicly I need some recomendations for a PCI Graphics card. I would prefer to have PCI-E (PCI Express) but I dont want to fork out for a new motherboard. Basicly I want to be able to play World Of Warcraft (www.worldofwarcraft.co.uk) with reasonably good graphics. Also I was thinking of upgradeing my 512mbs of RAM to 1GB of RAM would this improve the perfomance of World Of Warcraft? I am willing to spend around £70-150 on the card.

Thanks!

Tom :)

U just have a PCI slot!?

Just get a new mobo. I know u said that u don't want to but there are not any good pci vid cards. But if u choose to get a pci card, then find the best one there is!

And 1GB of ram will improve the performance in games (well not any old ones since they don't need that much ram) and will also speed up windows.

Ok I will get a extra stick of ram. I think I only have a PCI slot ill try and find out.

Edit: My current card is installed on a PCI slot.

How old is the system? Ide get a new mobo, I got one with a AGP slot and PCI-E slot, so I can mix and match, comes in useful because you can use them at the same time. Which socket do you need?

Why would you want both AGP and PCI-Express? Sure, you can switch around... But what's the point now? All reasonable graphics cards come standard in PCI-Express now, and usually they're cheaper than the AGP counterpart. And, you waste a valuable slot with something you definitely don't need. Since he's going to get a new graphics card anyway, he should get it in PCI-Express because AGP is quickly becoming obsolete. Also, very few motherboards have both AGP and PCI-Express slots, so it limits your selection there too.

I just don't understand what the point is. If he already had a good AGP card then I would understand, but he doesn't!

Back
Top Bottom