Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/)
-   Hardware (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/)
-   -   Need a new PC, Have 600 (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/need-new-pc-have-600-a-133327.html)

Major/Sammy 11-22-2005 03:15 PM

Need a new PC, Have 600
 
Hi Guys, well I'm currtently need of a new PC, and have 600 or so, Maybe a little more

Currently I have AMD Athlon 2000 with 512RAM and you can imagine what thats like with games :)

Im going to keep my Keyboard, Monitor, And case and case fans but not the main CPU fan :)

I have chosen this but have been told it's not very good, If you guys could give me a good list or the best I can get for 600 it would be MOST appreciated

Processor Cooler

Here

Processor (Not 50% sure on this pick tho)

Here

Motherboard

Here
Or
Here (but a little expensive)

PSU

Here

Graphics Card

Here

Memory

Here

Harddrive

Here


Anyway here is my list, Things like case fans need to be added, but there like 30 for 4 MAX! (I think)

connchri 11-22-2005 03:30 PM

Re: Need a new PC, Have 600
 
I don't see a problem with your list, however, can I point out that you are getting your memory from ebuyer, and the rest from nova tech, yet if you (like I have just did) look up the same or equivilent items on ebuyer (equivlent GFX card is identical except it's leadtek and not novatechs' own branded) you will save money on everything! get it all at ebuyer! saves on two lots of shipping too.

I only use ebuyer, it's the cheapest online retailer in the UK.

Oh, and the Abit Fatality mobo is only 76pounds without VAT on ebuyer, instead of the 114pounds on overclockers.co.uk

Hope I've saved you a few pounds.

acphenom 11-22-2005 04:59 PM

Re: Need a new PC, Have 600
 
Go to www.savastore.com - they're the cheapest online computer components seller I know of in the UK.

www.dabs.com is good too.

I would recommend getting an Athlon 64 3000+, with 1GB Dual-Channel Value RAM. The nVidia GeForce 6600GT is known as the best value card.

connchri 11-22-2005 05:04 PM

Re: Need a new PC, Have 600
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by acphenom
Go to www.savastore.com - they're the cheapest online computer components seller I know of in the UK.

www.dabs.com is good too.

I would recommend getting an Athlon 64 3000+, with 1GB Dual-Channel Value RAM. The nVidia GeForce 6600GT is known as the best value card.


Check the price, ebuyers still cheaper overall in both cases. And he has 600pounds not 400

joxley1990 11-22-2005 05:31 PM

Re: Need a new PC, Have 600
 
Noone Mention The Word Dell!

IAntDemo 11-22-2005 05:38 PM

Re: Need a new PC, Have 600
 
...

I would buy a AMD 3500+ Then O'C it to a 3600++ or more.

Anyway, your G'Card is good for the price, memory aint best but it will do, other then that, looks cool.

joxley1990 11-22-2005 05:47 PM

Re: Need a new PC, Have 600
 
God yeah well done cobra lmao. Its possible to fit a 754 heatsink in a 939 cpu though, duck tape aint very expensive now. Ye I think that system is nice, that more expensive mobo is killer, love the two fans at top, and that sound card looks ace. I'd save a lil more and get that one.

Major/Sammy 11-22-2005 06:19 PM

Re: Need a new PC, Have 600
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xx cobra xx
OMG, You guys are DUM!!!

If you here to teach or help people, give him the correct advice, the list is F%^KED!

Look:

This is a Socket 754 HeatSink, how the hell do you fit a 754 heatsink on a 939 Cpu, strange.

And your CPU aint worth it, I would buy a AMD 3500+ Then O'C it to a 3600++ or more.

Anyway, your G'Card is good for the price, memory aint best but it will do, other then that, looks cool.


Thanks for the reply, been reading up and I see the m2 is coming out, I might w8 to upgrade next year, Il see :)

jay8990 11-23-2005 04:21 AM

Re: Need a new PC, Have 600
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by connchri
I only use ebuyer, it's the cheapest online retailer in the UK.

they are god for products yes but customer services is naff like!

i made an order for 6 things, and it came on 3 different deliveries. and part of the order wasnt delivered at all! it was eventually delivered 3 weeks later after a lot of moaning to some cocky get at customer services (who took 10days to reply to me in the first place)

but i got a few free delivery tokens!! so i still use them... :D

<edit to make quote work>

connchri 11-23-2005 05:54 AM

Re: Need a new PC, Have 600
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by xx cobra xx
OMG, You guys are DUM!!!

If you here to teach or help people, give him the correct advice, the list is F%^KED!

Look:

This is a Socket 754 HeatSink, how the hell do you fit a 754 heatsink on a 939 Cpu, strange.

And your CPU aint worth it, I would buy a AMD 3500+ Then O'C it to a 3600++ or more.

Anyway, your G'Card is good for the price, memory aint best but it will do, other then that, looks cool.

Sorry, guess were not all perfect, but I'm not 'DUM'. It was a simple mistake that 3 people overlooked the HS/F. It's not something I pay much attention to in a Kit list. Ontop of that Gobshite, it is compatible with Skt939! read the spec sheet -

Quote:

Originally Posted by From Spec Sheet
Application:
all AMD Sempron (Socket 754)
AMD Athlon 64 up to 5000+
AMD Athlon 64 up to FX-59
AMD Opteron

Since when is an Opteron on Skt 754? and the FX 53, 55, 57 and 59 are all Skt 939!
Have a look at the design, it doesn't need a specific socket as it screws through the motherboard onto the inside of the case so I'm taking an educated guess here that it's compatible with all Skt 754, 939 and 940 AMD CPUs with looking at the specs. And to update you my friend, most Skt 939 HS/F will fit all three sockets. Just of the top of my head, the Artic 64 Pro and the Akasa AK-855 K8 are two I commonly use that fit all 3.

As for the CPU, the 3700+ he was looking at was the SanDiago core so I guess he picked it for a reason. The 1MB Cache is a good investment in future programs, and no doubt for windows Vista and longer 'bigger' 64bit code. He's obviously looking to build a PC to last a while on a budget.

Take a leaf out of your own book and give the correct advice! Theres no need to be so insulting so away and take your face for a shite!


Quote:

Originally Posted by jay8990
they are god for products yes but customer services is naff like!

i made an order for 6 things, and it came on 3 different deliveries. and part of the order wasnt delivered at all! it was eventually delivered 3 weeks later after a lot of moaning to some cocky get at customer services (who took 10days to reply to me in the first place)

but i got a few free delivery tokens!! so i still use them... :D

<edit to make quote work>

In over 50 orders and over 20,000 pounds (want a list, I'll give it to you) i've only had about 2 order problems and 9 times out of 10 always early. Not saying that your problem didn't exist, but its very rare. I recommend he tries it for himself.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0