Need A New Graphics Card

The GTX 260 Core 216 would be the best performer of the three due to it having 216 stream processors compared to 192 for the others. It could also be overclocked to match the Superclocked version speeds. It us currently out of stock though.

Yes, they will run on a 650W power supply as they recommend at least 500W with 36A on the 12v rail. They will fit in the Antec 900.

So, I should skip the superclocked edition of the card? I'll start looking on other sites. I'm going to buy it in 2 weeks from now.

Is it worth the extra $15.00? I don't mind buying it. I just want the best bang for the buck. I will be playing at 1680x1050. I see a good bit of tearing on my 8800GT on 1080p movies. Should I go for the Core 216 Superclocked Edition. Or are there other options available at this price range? Is the GTX 260 a good card? What about the latest one you just should?

The GTX 260 is a very good card. At that resolution, the Superclocked GTX 260 core 216 is faster than an GTX 280.

Personally, if I could afford it I would buy one.

So, which one will give me the best value for my dollar? All 2xx of them, haha. Couldn't I just get the regular Core 216 version and overclock it myself? I hear it's very easy with the EVGA tool.

Yup, you can do that too. That would be the way to go if you want to play around with it some and save a bit of moolah. You may even get better clocks out of it than the factory OC'd version.

Back
Top Bottom