Need ideas on a desktop!

digital21

Beta member
We have been thinking of getting a desktop for a while now, and now that my laptop is having issues, this kind of came up again even more. Wondering what the best desktop for the money is? I look online and my head spins there are so many options. I was looking at tigerdirect quite a bit and have liked Gateways. We play games on the computer, but we're not super gamers. Like to watch videos and movies on there. Need something with about 1TB space. 23"+ screen. There are just so many options I don't know where to start...Appreciate any help, thanks!

Custom computers tend to be by far the best, not only in quality, but also in cost and performance. Avoid gateway at all costs, their computers tend to range somewhere between 'meh' and 'total garbage' from my experiences. What's your budget?

for the whole package, desktop, monitor, etc, i would like to stay under $700.

how does everyone else feel about gateway? hm.

I'm also not too fond of Acer who owns Gateway/eMachine.

All 3 of those brands just tend to be cheap.

Acer is a good brand for budget minded people. I work on them all the time, and they have significantly less major problems compared to HP. Acer owns Gateway now, and Gateway has some nice offerings if you want to go that route as well.

that one is a little more than i wanted to spend. hm.

i found some on newegg and tigerdirect and post the links on here shortly.

i've talked to more people today that don't like gateway. what gives? found a few that i like. something about stuff not being compatible? is this the case still, or is that more of something that happened in the past?

anyone here like asus?

Gateway is fine. I used to work for them, and they had their bad days back then, but every system I've looked at or worked in since 2009 has been pretty good. People and their old ways, I swear. ;)

Would you be willing to build? You can get a much better computer for $700 that way.

ASUS is amazing btw. They're pretty much the only prebuilt computer manufacturer that I trust completely. The rest seem to give you trash parts for everything that isn't advertised.

Back
Top Bottom