Need Help!!! Video Adaptor Crisis!!!

clueless101

Solid State Member
i just got a new hard drive and just finished re-installing everything
but my screen resolution couldnt get above 480-620 or something
everything was HUGE and i tried everthing to get it sized dpwn, i was messing around in the display settings advanced and wasnt sure wat disabling the adaptor would do :confused: :confused:
so it rebooted my comp. and now it shows the XP start up thing then it goes blank...NOTHING
right now im on the downstairs comp

wat can i do to fix it??

Boot into Safe Mode and delete the Display Adapter you installed to go back to using Windows drivers. Reboot again. Then download the latest drivers from Nvidia or ATi and install those.

:confused: sorry i dont kno that much about computers so wat is safe mode? and could u put hte rest of it in english plz

Restart the computer and press the F8 key on the keyboard (I usually keep tapping it until a different screen shows up giving you different options to choose from). Select "Safe Mode" and it will boot into Windows using Safe Mode which loads the basic Windows drivers (minimal process). Once Windows is finished loading, go into Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and look for your video card drivers. I don't even know what kind of video card you have.

Remove it, that's it. Then restart the computer normally. Go back onto the Internet and download the latest driver for your video card.

If you can see your Desktop, right click on it and go down to properties. Go to the Settings Tab and you should be able to resize the resolution from there.

Back
Top Bottom