[need help upgrading my laptop]

Omega_eN

Beta member
I Currently have a HP Pavilion G6 and I want to upgrade the CPU. It is a AMD A6-4400M and i need suggestions for a new CPU that will fit the same socket as the 4400M.

[PLS HELP MEH] :bow:

I have got a SSD and 8GB of DDR3 1866 Ram coming in soon and i have unscrewed the CPU before because its not soldered.

Whilst I would tend to disagree with what BK 123 has said about soldered in CPUs I would have thought the best people to ask would be Hewlett Packard. I also do not think it would be financially viable to upgrade a CPU in a laptop I do not think you are going to gain much, if anything, in performance. Laptops, generally, are built to write letters on and not much else. Buy a gaming machine with "future proof" (yeah right) hardware built in. I am not suggesting you are a gamer or otherwise. what I am saying is that if you want
a fast machine, which is obviously your aim. buy a fast machine rather than a CPU which will not make your letter writing any faster.

HP has a wonderful online parts catalogue; search for your model number and it should give you options for all the processors HP offers for the model number, then do a separate search for that HP part number (in a search engine) to find a decent price for one.

HP Part Surfer

Also, find your mainboard part number and see what other models use this mainboard. You can see what other goodies you might be able to plug in. I found a bluetooth module that would plug into my G7, even though G7s don't have a bluetooth option. ;)

Back
Top Bottom