Need help upgrading my computer

Nero.Price

Beta member
So i decided to upgrade my computer, becouse it lacks of FPS in some games.
My current specs are
Motherboard: G41M-P28
CPU: Pentium 4 E6800 3.33GHz Dual-core 2MB cache
Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston ram (2x2GB)
HDD: Hitachi SATA-2 1TB
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB GDDR5 850MHz core

So I need help and info on what to upgrade.

EDIT: My friend suggest me to upgrade the CPU in this case getting the Q9505 Quad-Core CPU, would it increase the performance?

Last edited:
If you use one of the more recent Windows (e.g., Vista and onwards), this decision is simplified with their performance scoring system called Windows Experience Index.

Go to: Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Performance Information and Tools

What you are really interested in are the sub-scores of each measured component.

I don't know what games you play, but some games (e.g., World of Warcraft) have configurable directory structures such that you can move a part of the files to SSD to improve reading time -- or all the files -- with SSD prices dropping fast, now is a good time to consider such possibilities. :)

SSD Drives are great anyway. You can get a 120gb Agility 3/Force 3 from Ebuyer for just over £100 now. Amazing considering the performance increase!

If you do consider buying one Nero.Price, I would recommend putting your Operating System and the software you have on start up as well such as Anti Virus..

Haha. This is brilliant; everyone's off getting SSDs to make up for other hardware. It used to be "My graphics card sucks; I'll get a new one!" but now it's "My graphics card sucks; I'll get an SSD!" Hahaha.

EDIT:

I wouldn't put too much faith in that Windows Index thing.. I've seen that be laughably off. I take it with a pinch of salt, if you know what I mean.

To be fair, the OP is running a Hitachi hard drive. Those things didn't earn the nickname "Deathstar" for nothing...

You should go with your friend:-
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 1333MHz Socket 775 Quad-Core 45nm Processor BX80580Q9505

I got a ssd for windows and other programs and it is blazing fast now my pc boots in 25 to 30 seconds. Windows is so much snappier worlds of difference in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom