Need Help Troubleshooting Gateway Laptop

toxicwolf

Beta member
I have a Gateway MT3707 laptop that a friend is having me take a look at. Im not very familiar with laptops as I am with desktops and am needing advice on some options of what I can do to further troubleshoot the issue.

The issue that I am having is when turning on the unit nothing is starting up besides the indicator light up front; showing that the computer is turned on.
Monitor is black (no display shown), DVD drive will not eject, and can't hear any fans running.

With the original and a universal charger I am having the same issue. I have tried with battery in and pulled out. Still no change.

I have disconnected all media ports (DVD, harddrive, memory) and reconnected. No change.

Personally I am thinking that it may be a power supply issue.

If anyone can relate to this issue or have any input, I do appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Toxic

Check the power connection on the motherboard for cracked or broken solder joints. This will require you to take apart the laptop at least partially. A quick, non-invasive test would be to simply wiggle the power cable while it's plugged into the laptop to see if it seems loose.

Back
Top Bottom