Need Help Quick

Stonyman65

Baseband Member
sorry for the caps, but i tried to install new RAM, after I did when I booted I got a system disk error. i checked the BIOS and it shows that the RAM is in there, I took it out and re booted with the original and I still had this problem.

don't tell me i fried my hard drive....

Whats the exact error? Have you got any floppies or CD's or pen drives etc connected to the pc? If ya have, then remove them and try again. Also check all connections on ya drives incase you have knocked something loose, while installing ya RAM

everything seems to be fine... ill go check.. it see if all the cables are in, and their is nothing in any of the drives.

it wasn't boot disk error, it was disk boot error.

all the cables are fine. i even took the USB cable out (keyboard and mouse and USB hub) out and its still messed up.

and I was wrong. it said Disk Boot FALIURE

Try checking your boot order in the BIOS, and load the optimal settings in the BIOS aswell. And also check that the BIOS is detecting ya HDD

So are all the settings correct then, can ya BIOS recognise the HDD then?

Goto the HDD manufacturers website and download their diagnostic tools and run them from DOS. And can ya post your boot device order, that ya got set in the BIOS.

I don't know how to do that stuff man. I got a friend who works in a tech shop, im gonna take it too him tomorow morning.

but thanks for all your help :) :)

Back
Top Bottom