Need Help Picking out NEW RAM

ManthonyB

Beta member
Hello all,

I'm thinking of upgrading my memory up to 32GB and I need help choosing.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Sandy Bridge i5-2500k CPU@3.3GHz OC at 4.3
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 460
RAM: Corsair Dominator 6GB
PSU: 650 Corsair
MOUSE: Logitech G500

Link me what you guys can find.

Thanks guys!

NO. No. No. No. 32gb???????? I am sorry, but why in the world do you want 32gb or RAM???????:confused::confused:

Only if you're running a high end NASA type server and maybe not even then. 8 gigs will do fine for most high end systems. Even if you're gaming.
Just look for high quality matched sets under a leading brand name. Shop around. Read reviews. Do your homework first then buy.

My computer has been slowing down lately while i'm ingame saying memory is low close programs blah blah blah, change my aero themes to make it faster.. and this is why im on here so you guys can show me what is best.. you say i don't need 32gb? ok then, what would you prefer I get ? all i do though is play video games.. and make videos off of what I record and post on youtube.. any where from good RAM to cheap RAM.. Thanks!

I have to agree 8GB will do find. I have 16GB and only once seen it go above 8 GB and that was when I had 3 heavy games and a virus scanner running.

Mossiac

My computer has been slowing down lately while i'm ingame saying memory is low close programs blah blah blah, change my aero themes to make it faster.. and this is why im on here so you guys can show me what is best.. you say i don't need 32gb? ok then, what would you prefer I get ? all i do though is play video games.. and make videos off of what I record and post on youtube.. any where from good RAM to cheap RAM.. Thanks!

8GB will be more then enough. So go with that, get 8gb G-skill DDR 2 or 3?

Back
Top Bottom