Need Help Overclocking

F.E.A.R.

Solid State Member
i have this mobo

Asus A8N-E S939 nForce4 Ultra Chipset PCI-Ex16/3+2PCI/4DDR, w/Sound Gigabit Lan SATA Raid USB 2.0 ATA-133

im running AMD Athlon 3500+ (2.2 Ghz).

I wanna overclock it without fuking it up.

So what would be a good speed to overclock it to? , 2.5 Ghz? and how would i do that, because you gotta get increase the voltage to which i dont know how to.

F.E.A.R. said:
i have this mobo

Asus A8N-E S939 nForce4 Ultra Chipset PCI-Ex16/3+2PCI/4DDR, w/Sound Gigabit Lan SATA Raid USB 2.0 ATA-133

im running AMD Athlon 3500+ (2.2 Ghz).

I wanna overclock it without fuking it up.

So what would be a good speed to overclock it to? , 2.5 Ghz? and how would i do that, because you gotta get increase the voltage to which i dont know how to.

First of all, overclocking isn't something anybody can do unless they have some knowledge about their processor!

You have to do more than increase the voltage. Increasing the voltage usually helps keep an overclocked processor stable.

To overclock a processor, you have to go into the Bios and change the multipliers on your CPU. Also, you need to increase the HTT for the overclock to be successful. Not only that, but you gotta make sure it's not running too hot, or you'll have instability problems. It sounds like you're using air cooling, so you may not be be able to clock to 2.5ghz unless you have some good cooling.

Ok, now that you've read that, then go here:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=1497607&enterthread=y

Everything you need to know.

for A64s, keep the voltage under or at 1.6V, the temps under 50*C load. And just crank it. Make sure your RAM can run at the FSB you want or run it on a divider.

ownage said:
for A64s, keep the voltage under or at 1.6V, the temps under 50*C load. And just crank it. Make sure your RAM can run at the FSB you want or run it on a divider.

Do you think he'll be able to understand all of that? :/

Back
Top Bottom