Need help buying a good gaming comp.

Gomba

Beta member
hello, im a new member here. I have been trying to find a way to get a good gaming comp for a decent price, heres my problem.

everything, wherever i go, i see people saying they got top of the line computers for like 1300 dollars or somthing.

I have $1700 to spend and I cant find anything under $2000 for what I want.

Gforce 6800 gt
a good asus motherboard that features lan and holds alot of memory
2 gigs of ddr ram
low end sound card
low priced speakers
atx tower case
low end keyboard/mouse
a view sonic 19 inch .22 monitor
and a decent OS

thats all i want, and im having SOOO much trouble finding how to get this under $1700

I live in california so i always get $140ish dollar tax + shipping makes it about $200 dollars extra.

im computer illiterate i dont know how to build my own comp so that hurts me to.

IS THERE anyway to get the comp of my dreams under $1700

yeah thats why I like it. Rather build my own but. If you can then this is the cheapest alternative.

NO NO NO! DO NOT GO TO IBUYPOWER! That place is nothing but trouble. I used to think they were decent until I actually looked at the reviews over at resellerratings and wow, nothing but complaints. Also a ton of people at this other board I go to say it's bad. Of course I know some people who got their comp and there and had no trouble what so ever, but it's way too risky and shipping is ridiculous. I say try finding a place that builds comps (I have a few little shops like that around me) and have em build you one. Or if you have friends who know how to build comps, then have them build you it.

how bout buying the parts, and getting a friend to put it together?? and den pay ur friend a nice 25 dollar tip.

I'm sure that you can find at least 1 computer geek who is willing to do it for 25 bucks.
but make sure that you can test his abilities. Just like make a rhetorical question on whether anyone could put together such a great computer. Obviously the kid will want to show off his superior computer skills and want to do it for u.

Make sure u flatter the kid too.

then when he's done, say, omg, wow, that is such an amazing job u did. and put a 20 and a 5 into his hands. Shake his hands and bid him good day.

Back
Top Bottom