Need Help Badly

ttsrq

Beta member
Ok so my computer is not running how it should or so I think when I play easy games to run such as Counter-Strike 1.6 I only get like any where from 20-60fps. Before I quit CS I was running Windows 98 and was running 100fps constant on an old Radeon 9200, I then quit playing and installed xp, and tried CS 1.6 again with only like 20 or so fps, I then got some more ram (1024mb of ddr 400 ram) and a new graphics card ATI radeon x1600. And am still lagging I should be getting 100fps max and am not I installed the new drivers and everything for my video card. Here are my system specs Asus p4p800se, 2 Kingston 512 DDR 400 sticks, ATI Radeon x1600, Intel P4 2.8GHZ processor and the power supply is 420watts. Whats wrong with my computer why is it running so badly thanks alot for anyhelp! If anyone needs any other information or anything just let me know and Ill do what ever I can to help im so stressted out!

PS Just reformatted so the install is clean

Topic URL: http://forum.ncix.com/forums/topic.php

The topic URL doesnt' work ;)

Is the game playable, or are you just complaining that the FPS hasn't risen?

Are you only having the problems IN CS 1.6? Have you tried any other games yet? CS1.6 really does not even need over 30 FPS to run really well, Anywhere from 20 - 60 there should be little or no difference in the game play. Have you tried any options in CS 1.6 to make the framerate go up?

-maxfps <n>
  • sets maximum system cycles per seconds (default 100)

Open CS 1.6, Open teh console and try the above command and tweak it alittle bit.

The preformance for all games is bad, in source I get anywhere from 10-30 fps so thats bad even on low settings I should be getting way higher, 20-60 would be easy to play on if it stayed consistant but my fps are constantly jumping very badly any where from like 80 then to like 20 its a huge difference and makes gaming VERY hard. Also all of my settings are set right and everything and the command is fps_max <n> but the link to the thread about I dont know why its there, its just the same thread as this. Any one got any ideas?

does any one have any ideas yet or anything? should my hardware even be able to run these games with out lag?

Well, XP does eat up more RAM and CPU, but still your hardware should be able to run that... :confused: The only thing I see that would be a bottleneck would be the processor, but that still looks to be pretty decent. Just about all that I would normally recommend, you've already tried. When did you get the X1600? All I really have left to say is clean the dust out of the inside of your computer, especially on all of the fans. Pay close attention to your CPU fan, getting the dust off. You might want to get some software to check the temperatures first; it may not even be overheating. But if the processor is overheating, I think the P4's downclock some so they don't produce as much heat. So that's a potential problem; other than that, I don't know what to do. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom