Need HELP ASP ON A COMPUTER PROBLEM

MidwestComputer

In Runtime
Hey Guys
I need help asp on a computer problem here is the problem I am having when I start the computer it will go to the motherboard screen and then few secs later it will go to screen it will give you options like safe mode, safe mode with network, safe mode with cmd or last good config file or start windows normal but when I hit start windows normal it will just keep rebooting it self it sounds like it wount go to windows at all it sounds like to me the hard drive is gone but i need some other ideas what it can be wrong with it and here is the motherboard info Asus A7S333 ACPI BIOS Rev 1003 with 384 memory and 40 gb hard drive. Thanks Tim

At this point I personally would pop in a windows disc and completely reformat your computer. If you had a lot of stuff that you needed to backup you could always make a new partition on the hard drive using a windows disc, install windows to that new partition, and then see if you can access your data on the old partition. If that doesn't work then best bet would be to just do a complete format and start windows from scratch. Wait a little bit to do all of that though and see if anyone else here has any input. Some of the veterans here will hopefully have some more things for you to try.

As it's booting, press F8 to give you more options. What we want is "Disable automatic restart on system failure. This way instead of cycle booting, we can get an error that will help us find the cause of what's going on. I wouldn't go with a reformat yet. To drastic for something that could easily be RAM.

Yes I would try a repair with the cd aswell then if you get it to boot run a spyware scan.

Back
Top Bottom