need help

BigE

Beta member
my hard drive went down yesterday so i bought a new one, formatted it and reinstalled windows XP Pro with SP1 built in, i installed my adware programs and activated the firewall, installed my ISP but now i have hit a serious problem my connection is really slow, i have a slow download rate and i am having to refresh web pages 6 or 7 times for them to load properly.

i spoke to a friend who said it could be a USB2.0 problem not enough power goint to my modem but i have checked i have no conflictions, but i have noticed on my modem that my data light is constant no flashing just a bold light continuously......i have tried everything i can think of i even contacted my ISP and they ran checks on my telephone line but everything is normal.

anyone here had the same problems that could advise me......thank you

hmmmmmm... what kind of internet do you have? if you have dsl it could be the router itself. or if you have cable i dont know becuasse i have dsl. sorry! dial is normally really slow. wireless connections depend on the range and how fast the card is and the wireless router. if its 802.11b thats pretty slow. 02.11g is 5x fater. like i.e. i have a 2.4ghz wireless router in my house and i have a wireless card for the laptop (pretty old). also, the frequecny of the router could be intefered with other appilinaces in the house i.e. if you have a 2.4 ghz phone, it could be screwing up with the connection. what isp do you have? have tried reseetting the modem and such? hope this helps and itll be better if you could answer my queistions.

If you got a router then you may have to reset it. It also could be your firewall,check your settings. With some routers when you start with a new system it behaves slower for a day or so. What router do you have if yougot one?

Back
Top Bottom