Need Help!!!!!!

Alright I need to have my hard drive partitioned my C Drive the drive that the OS is on is 150 GB and I want it like 25. Reformatting will not help I have tried many times is there a way I have Partition Magic on a bootCD someone please help

If you have the full version of Partition magic, then you just open it in windows and partition. If you are installing a new OS, like LInux, you should be able to configure/create partitions while you are installing.

Partition Magic will do the trick if you don't want to have to go through the format process.
If you want to start from zero, then why not just try to find a Millenium boot disk and make sure format.com is on it and boot from the diskette. Once you have the A:\> just right fdisk and partition your disk, and don't forget to activate your partitions also.
Then use install your operation system. The format will be FAT32, but with XP, you can easily change to NTFS.
Note if you want you have your drive letters to be C and D, power down your computer and unplug your cdrom and restart your system and use administrative tools to change the drive letters. Once your done, power down and reconnect your cdroms.

Back
Top Bottom