Need a Good 24” Monitor for Gaming!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I am currently in the market for a good 24” monitor. Primarily the monitor will be used for gaming. I currently have the 2407WFP-HC and I love it. I want to have a duel setup, and I figured I might as well upgrade to something more superior to the 2407WFP-HC. I am really considering getting the Dell 2408WFP, but the input lag stories are holding me back. I know they came out with the A01 revision, but how much better is it really is? Does anyone have a comparison chart for the new A01 model? My 2407 has an adjustable height panel, and is currently set up at full height. It would be nice to have something that can match its height, because lots of other monitors that I can find on newegg don't have the adjustable height stand and I don't want to have a duel setup, with monitors on a different height level. I am open for suggestions.

Thanks.

Seriously, if I were you, I'd just buy another monitor like the one you have. You said you like it and you want something with the same exact feature it has, so why not buy the same one instead of buying 2 brand new ones when you have 1 good one already? Plus it looks better to have 2 matching monitors.

Seems like it would be a waste of money to me.

Tommy I never sad anything about getting the 2 brand new once, at least not in this thread. Dell 2408WFP & Dell 2407WFP-HC look exactly the same :) The only problem is from the 1st reviews back like 8-7 month ago, the input lag for the 2408WFP is like 60ms unlike the 2407WFP-HC which is like 35ms. Obviously the 2408WFP has better features and better collars, so in a way it is an upgrade that im looking at, but the main feature that all gaming monitors need to have is lacking. Dell came out with the 2408WFP rev A01 which they claim has lower input lag, but I wasn't able to find any reviews with the new A01 model that show the input lag.

Re: Need a Good 24” Monitor for Gaming!

Tommy I never sad anything about getting the 2 brand new once, atleats not in this thread. Dell 2408WFP & Dell 2407WFP-HC look exactly the same :) The only problem is from the 1st reviews back like 8-7 month ago, the input lag for the 2408WFP is like 60ms unlike the 2407WFP-HC which is like 35ms. Dell came out with the 2408WFP rev A01 which they claim has lower lag, but I want able to find any reviews with the new A01 model that show the input lag.
Ahh....my bad.....I thought you were going to buy 2 brand new ones.

Its all good, you must of read my other thread that I posted in the social lounge a week ago. I'm actually still debating between getting 2 cheaper 24" monitors and just keep on using my 2407WFP-HC as a primary one, or do the upgrade to the current one and just get a better 24" and use it as my main one, but for the sakes of this thread lets just keep it on the topic :)

i say go for the HP W240H, i think its W240H, but if not just type in HP W24 in google. I have the 19' version and will be getting the 24 very soon. I have seen some of the new samsungs with my own eyes and i gotta tell you this HP is amazing, its got a nice glossy screen finish which just makes the colors pop out. Its a very nice monitor, if you have a best buy near you, you can see if they have one on display, not sure if walmart will have the 24' version but maybe.

Back
Top Bottom