Need a bit of help.

Vardeeg

Solid State Member
Whats up people of cf. I have been working on my computer tediously to get it working again. At first when i had turned my comp on windows said it had to repair itself, but i ignored it and continued with a normal boot. It got stuck on the "windows is starting" screen and then it started to shake from side to side. I restarted and tried to repair the os but it did the same thing again while trying to repair. So i tried it again but this time bios booted but there were vertical colorful lines. So once again i restart, but this time bios wont boot at all. When i got it to boot i plugged in my linux hdd that i have as a spare to see if its just my windows hdd but same things happened again. I borrowed my friends vid card to see if it might be the card shorting, but no cigar. So once by one i removed the ram from the my computer troubleshooting it, but it would now boot all the way into my desktop and freeze. I tried a system restore in safe mode, but after that it wont boot into desktop at all. Im completely stumped at what it could be but i didnt know if i should post this to software or hardware. I would realllly love some support or any solutions. ANYTHING INPUT, IS GOOD INPUT AT THIS POINT.

Power supply. Don't use the cheap $20-$30 bargin bin power supplies. Could also be the outlet you're plugged into - sounds like if your power supply ISN'T the cheap kind you need some kind of a power filter - buying a UPS (battery backup) with a built in line conditioner should help.

Alternatively, it could be the system board. Keep in mind however that if your system board fried because of the power supply, you're looking at new parts.

If you ever get this kind of behavior from a PC, the best thing to do is to stop using it and ask before you just keep rebooting it (and getting new problems). The longer you use a system in this state, the worse it gets.

"So i tried it again but this time bios booted but there were vertical colorful lines."

Check the RAM and the connections.

Use 1 working RAM and try.

Hope this helps!
Bill
Tech Manager

Thank you soo much ill be checking it out again soon. Its just building a new pc probably isnt in the picture just yet. Ive got a 750watt PC Power and Cooling psu. and im plugged into a power squid so im going to check the actual outlet to see if anything happened to it.

Back
Top Bottom