my rams wont read.

One or both DIMMs are probably bad. Try booting up with just one DIMM at a time and see what happens. Also try using different memory slots as you could have an issue there as well.

Problem: The RAM you purchased is PC2-5300. (DDR2-667). The fastest memory the system can support is PC2-4200 (DDR2-533). Basically, the RAM is too powerful for the system. You need to purchase PC2-4200 or lower. (look for 533MHz).

I suggest:GSkill 2x1 PC2-4200

GSkill makes nice RAM and it happens to be the cheapest 2x1 PC2-4200 kit available on newegg.

AR or J would probably know, but last I remember Grant, you can run at least the next highest RAM speed...it will just clock down. I know I've run DDR-400 in a DDR-333 system. But, I'm not sure about about DDR2...

AR or J would probably know, but last I remember Grant, you can run at least the next highest RAM speed...it will just clock down. I know I've run DDR-400 in a DDR-333 system. But, I'm not sure about about DDR2...

Think your right. I've run higher speed RAM just to give me room to Overclock. I dont think the higher RAM speed is the problem.

On a board that won't support "overclocking"? It's a pre-built. I sincerely doubt you can load in RAM that is faster.

Back
Top Bottom