Is my PWN temps high? (pic inside)

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Yesterday I finally put everything in my case and fired up the system, and it worked! lol

This is my first build and I'm a total noob when it comes to bios…etc I have a Q9450 that ha an 8X but the system showed it as 6X and my speed was 2.0 instead of 2.6 anyone know why it would do that? I changed the X to 8 and I gat my stock speed of 2.6.

I was looking at “PC Health” in bios and I had 20c for my CPU and 47C for my PWN/Chipset and this was a totally fresh install, no OS installed. B4 assembling everything I decided to take off the motherboard heatsink and re apply the thermal paste for better results, but 47c looks high to me, what u think? I also will be doing overclocking so this temp will go even higher. I know that it will take a few days for the thermal paste to sink in…etc but still. My MOBO is “DFI LP UT P35”

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136037

So what u guys think? Should I worry about this? Here is a pic of some of my volts…etc Keep in mind that the temp for PWN/Chipset was 47c

DSC06015.jpg

By the way can someone please tell me where is the north bridge and the south bridge on my mobo? The pwn is next to my IO shield I know that.

Thanks

Thats not hot at all.

Heck my PWM gets to 50-60 degrees C...

Thats not hot at all.

Heck my PWM gets to 50-60 degrees C...

Thanks Kage,

Ic u have @ on ur pc, so that will contribute to the heat, and are u monitoring pwn temps from windows or bios? Because I assume in windows the temp will be higher...I don't think I'l be able to have 20c on my quad in windows also. I really hope I don't have to remount the mobo's heatsink, its a pain! especially for this one because of the pwn area. I might of used 2 much paste..

The PWM area I believe controls the current going into the CPU, and so would get a lot hotter than the CPU itself. I wouldn't worry.

I have no thermal sensers for the chipset or PWM area so I don't know mine, but 47c is fine.

Most mobo's don't monitor these temps. The PWM are the mosfets that regulate the current to the cpu. They are located directly in front of the socket and on most high-end boards, they will have a HS or even heat-pipes.

Excessive heat in this are could hinder over-clock, throw errors, and make the system unstable.

im lost whats the PWN, lol. My BIOS doesn't have a PWN

Pulse Width Modulation. Those chips near the CPU are actually MOSFET's or Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors. And PWM is a switching method used to switch these on and off at a certain duty cycle to regulate power through-put or regulate voltage.

Back
Top Bottom