my pcs gone nuts!

casper

Beta member
My pc seems to be behaving randomly, when you click to launch certain software that has worked fine previously, the machine resets itself, then hangs in the bios, won't let me enter the bios to change any settings or go any further into startup, it will start eventually, but only after switching it on and off about 20 times, is this the battery on the board or has my pc truly lost it??
oh yeah its :-
ibm aptiva p3 500
392mb ram
11 gb + 160 gb drives
dvd-rom
tnt2 ultra graphics card
creative soundcard

The next time your computer boots correctly, go to the Windows Update website and see if there are any updates. Sounds like a security issue thing...but the hangs in the bios is a little wierd. Start with Window Updates and let us know what happens.

Ussually when something like that happens to one of my computers, I ussually reformat my drives in the faulty computer, then reinstall windows.
But thats me, I don't recommend this if you don't want to backup all your files.I don't keep alot of files on my gaming rigs, some, I don't even connect to the internet because of malicious content(viruses, trojans, spyware, adware, etc) I only use my computers for gaming, thus I am able to get away with smooth running pc's.

killerdoberman said:
The next time your computer boots correctly, go to the Windows Update website and see if there are any updates. Sounds like a security issue thing...but the hangs in the bios is a little wierd. Start with Window Updates and let us know what happens.
Updates for what.What could possibly be there ?
Security issues are for IEXplorer not using a Windows computer.
:D

casper said:
My pc seems to be behaving randomly, when you click to launch certain software that has worked fine previously, the machine resets itself, then hangs in the bios, won't let me enter the bios to change any settings or go any further into startup, it will start eventually, but only after switching it on and off about 20 times, is this the battery on the board or has my pc truly lost it??
oh yeah its :-
ibm aptiva p3 500
392mb ram
11 gb + 160 gb drives
dvd-rom
tnt2 ultra graphics card
creative soundcard
======
"then hangs in the bios",that impossible unless you accessed the bios.

won't let me enter the bios .Why won't it?
Between you and me you have a lot to lean about computers and got off to a bad start somehow,somewhere.
:eek:

its still happening

Hi there, well i went to windows update, it got a critical update patch for windows, a plug and play security flaw from 2001! seemed to be better then rebooted and will not go any further than the initial part of the bios, does the memory test, but no further, not even to 'press f1 to enter the bios' arrrrghh! if i knew why it did this i would'nt be posting here!

fixed it!

its fixed, the processor was overheating and locking up, swapped out for another all fine, thanks for your advice killerdoberman.

Back
Top Bottom