My HP Pavilion dv6 won't charge!

moaz786

Solid State Member
I have a HP Pavilion Laptop which won't charge AT ALL! It was at 0% one night, and remained the same even past sunrise! It does know that the charger is plugged in (when I hover over the battery icon, it says "0% battery (plugged in, charging)"), however the charge amount won't increase. Whenever I remove the charger, or it gets disconnected by accident, it immediately shuts down. Here are the specifications of the laptop:
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
Processor: Intel® Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz 1.83 GHz
Memory: 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Have you tried taking the battery out and putting it back in? it could just be a dusty connection between the two. Otherwise, it could be anything from a bad batter to a bad motherboard in the laptop.

It seems that laptops which are 0% charged simply need the charger in for a long time. I just checked the battery level, and it says 93% charged. But thanks for replying!:)

Just so you know-- your brick may be failing. There are three wires and a shield that connect to the laptop, and if one of them is breaking down, then the laptop may seem to work okay, but the battery will not charge.

I would recommend getting a replacement brick now, before your current one dies on you completely.

I've just installed the battery 20 minutes ago. It looks like the new battery is working fine, so I probably won't need to repair the charger.

hello ( sorry if this is the wrong place to post, new here) I'm having a similar problem with my dv6 as well. My one is a 1244tx i believe. I got a new battery about two weeks ago and it was working fine until today. when you hover over the icon in the notifications area it says 0% charging but it wont charge. Any advice? Thanks in advance!!!

Back
Top Bottom