My Gaming Rig - Build PICS

Computear

Daemon Poster
Here's some pics of my assembly process:

Empty Case:
IMG_0110.jpg

Installed the MOTHERBOARD first:
IMG_0112.jpg

Got the MOTHERBOARD in without much trouble, though I'm certain I used the wrong screws:
IMG_0113.jpg

Next was my PSU (not sure what order I was supposed to do everything in) :D
IMG_0114.jpg

And then my CPU + stock Heatsink/Fan
IMG_0115.jpg

Installed my RAM next (SUPER CLOSE-UP OF... the heatspreaders I think?):
IMG_0116.jpg

Little better view:
IMG_0117.jpg

CD/DVD Drive added without any trouble:
IMG_0118.jpg

1TB Hard Drive into the Drive Bay, no problems here:
IMG_0119.jpg

Then, I PANICKED: SO MANY WIRES, WHERE DO THEY ALL GO?:
IMG_0122.jpg

But everything turned out great; I moved it into place (a little cramped, so the pictures are pretty close-up):
IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

My 25" Monitor arrives tomorrow, and my GPU hasn't been ordered yet (still gotta cash this paycheck). Then next additions will be pulling the CPU back out, ordering a TRUE Black CPU cooler, lapping the CPU, lapping the TRUE, popping those back in, overclocking the hell out of the CPU, adding the GPU, adding the monitor... blah blah I'll take pics of all that too. :)

Once I get the GPU in there, and the CPU + CPU HSF lapped and back in there, I'll take some "final product" pics.

I don't plan to lap / overclock 'til next month though.

Nice, for future reference, put the cpu+heatsink on the mobo
then the ram on the mobo
then the mobo in the case
followed by drives, hdd's
gpu
and psu

mainly put on the cpu and ram first
other stuff isnt as important

Nice, for future reference, put the cpu+heatsink on the mobo
then the ram on the mobo
then the mobo in the case
followed by drives, hdd's
gpu
and psu

mainly put on the cpu and ram first
other stuff isnt as important

Yeah I was just following the instructions in the booklets, and that was the order it was in... probably would've been easier to get everything on the MOBO first, I didn't have much trouble at all though, big roomy case.

The reason for the above is this: Most heatsinks for AMD use a retention bracket, most for S775 use the push-pins. Either way, when your motherboard is on the stand-offs and your applying pressure, the PCB bends and stays that way. Eventually, it bends to where the CPU cooler is not making as much contact or pressure as it should, same goes for the mosfet coolers. So, always install the CPU, paste, HS+HSF, and RAM before the board goes into the case.

I can say everything I just did from experience. My motherboard is bent like hell :p.

The reason for the above is this: Most heatsinks for AMD use a retention bracket, most for S775 use the push-pins. Either way, when your motherboard is on the stand-offs and your applying pressure, the PCB bends and stays that way. Eventually, it bends to where the CPU cooler is not making as much contact or pressure as it should, same goes for the mosfet coolers. So, always install the CPU, paste, HS+HSF, and RAM before the board goes into the case.

I can say everything I just did from experience. My motherboard is bent like hell :p.

Yeah I read that its better to do that while the MOBO is on a supportive surface.. I didn't seem to have to put all that much pressure? Although I did struggle with getting the HSF on there for like 30 minutes... I was afraid to apply ANY pressure.

Back
Top Bottom