my friends printer is screwed

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
ok well he has a brand new cartridge because this was happening with the old one, and it still isnt working. it is printing out blank pages. its an epson stylus photo something or other. what could be wrong?

Are all the colours and black not working? Have you been through all the maintenance options? (cleaning etc?)

If you've tried everything, the print heads could be dead.

Have you rebooted the computer, and unpluged the printer for 10 seconds? If ya have tried that already then the nozzles are probably blocked, run the cleaning cycle a few times. Sometimes this doesnt clear them tho, so ya can use windex on it. All you do is move the head along from its normal resting position (be careful not to damage anything), and you will see a little tray with sponges. Spray the windex on the sponges, then turn the printer off, so the heads go back to start position. Then just leave it for a few hours, and run the cleaning cycles again. If that doesnt work then it might be screwed.

yeah the colors and black arent working. i think its the print heads.... im gunna clean it next time i go there.

Has it been sitting for a while? My cousin had a problem with an epson printer doing almost the same thing. Her's was that the black worked and the color didn't work even after new cartriges. It's most likely the print heads. You can try cleaning them, but I'm not sure that will help. It may need new print heads.

Back
Top Bottom