My first build...

Silent Wolf

In Runtime
Hey, this is my first build and I was wondering... Would you change any of these parts? I think its pretty good build, give me your opinion.

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz

XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V 120mm

OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3

EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED "Overclocker's Pick" 3-Way SLI

......................................................................................

Another option is for the motherboard is the ASUS P6T Deluxe/OC Palm LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

And
EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

And
ASUS Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Tell me what you think.

Thanks!

I already got a case, its the cool master stacker.... and I already have a 1000w psu and 2 gpu's so i'm good on those.
I am going to use Window 7 RC.

Looks like a hell of a build to me. If I had unlimited funds, I would probably go with something like that too.

Yup, looks good. I don't see anything that needs to be changed. Those components should work very well together.

Thats one heck of a friend you got there..:D

And that build looks really nice. Rohan23 will be able to help ya out lots with the mobo selection since he basically has the exact same build you are planning. Im pretty sure he has the Asus P6T so he can tell ya exactly how it performs...:D

1000 dollars for a CPU chip? I couldn't justify that just to play games.
Seriously if you plan to use that system to make money then yeah maybe.
I just don't understand the gamer mentality. Or is the ooh ahh factor?

Back
Top Bottom