My CPU Thinks It's To Slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoMpUtaFrEek

Fully Optimized
Right... I'm running an Athlon XP 2100+ (palamino core) on my new ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard.

The main reason i upgraded is because my old mobo would not recognize my CPU as 2100, instead it thinks its a 1500 and runs at a speed of 1300...

Although i still have this problem? What can i change in the bios/can i download programs/change settings?

Please help i want 800 more mhz lol

thanks,

J

Nothing you can do, just as of there is nothing wrong lol. AMD Athlon Xp's arnt rated in MHZ (2100+) isnt 2.1 GHZ. its just a model name, the speed it is running at is about right. If you want faster, consider overclocking or buy a new CPU.

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
The main reason i upgraded is because my old mobo would not recognize my CPU as 2100, instead it thinks its a 1500 and runs at a speed of 1300...

Oops, may have misread. - maybe it isnt a 2100 lol.

1. it reads 2100 on the chip.
2. the real speed is 1733mhz.
3. I just fixed it.

It was settings in the bios, running way speedy now :D

Yeah that has happened to me before, I figured out it was the front side bus.Default is set at 100 MHz FSB x2, which is only a 200 MHz FSB.After figuring that out I set it at 133 MHz FSB x2=266 MHz FSB

After that I overclocked my 2400+ from 2.0 GHz to 2.09 GHz with the front side bus at 139 MHz x2=278 MHz FSB

If you use the clock multipliers to overclock, you risk system instability (crashes).

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Right... I'm running an Athlon XP 2100+ (palamino core) on my new ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard.

Although i still have this problem? What can i change in the bios/can i download programs/change settings?

Please help i want 800 more mhz lol

thanks,

J
Easy.pay someone to install the cpu and set the proper clock speed,
(IN THE BIOS)
you apparently can't figure this out and have wasted a lot of money,what you had didn't need fixing,just setting properly.Did you not get Motherboard manual ?

Ok, I think I sort of have the same problem here. I'm running on a Dell Latitude D800 with an Intel Centrino 1.6Ghz processor. Windows XP pro installed.

A couple days ago my computer messed up, and my Windows XP partition was gone. I don't know what happened but when I popped in the WinXP CD, the partition it was on had a size of 33,000 mb and had 33,000 mb free. So crap, wtf? Anyways, I reinstall Windows, reload all my programs, and when I get to re-installing a game, World of Warcraft, it suddenly says, "Your computer fails to meet the minimum system requirements. Insufficient CPU Speed (learn more)". Now I know this is not possible because it didn't have that warning message before, unless there is something really messed up with my computer.

So I search these forums and find this thread. Can anyone help me out here? Or am I gonna be forced to toss this computer out and get a new one. And don't say something like, "Dell sucks you should get a new one anyways" because that is an opinion not related to the problem and is not welcome...

oh boy...

This thread is a year old. We don't pull up year old threads and post to them. Please don't do that again. Start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom