Is my corsair h100 damaged?

iskoristena4

Solid State Member
Hey i got my corsair h100 in the mail today and i noticed that the copper on the bottom of the cooler had some strange black marks on it? and so i was wondeirng if this meant it has been damaged? also if you touch the thermal paste with your finger will it be damaged?

I doubt it is damaged. Never touch the thermal paste as it will not make good contact with the CPU if you do.

Doubt you'll have problems, and be sure to use the pre-installed thermal paste. Its really good stuff from Dow-Corning made especially for the H100. If you're mounting it in the top panel be sure to mount the fans so that they bring in cool air from outside of the case/top panel.

Also im not sure what way my fans should blow?? they have two arrows on the side that look like this. <^ so im not sure if i should have the arrow facing up and to the left of the case or down and to the right of the case?
My tower is a coolermaster storm stryker.
and the way the h100 works, is by placing a radiator at the top of the case, with two 120mm on the bottom of it. Im very new at this so be nice :p

No problem, we all were new at this once :D
Mount the fans on the bottom of the radiator with the arrow pointing down when looking at the fan housing on the edge. That way you'll pull cool air from outside the case thru the radiator for best performance. The horizontal arrow shows the direction the fan turns.

Back
Top Bottom