My computer isn't starting up...

Ranbinous

Solid State Member
I got all my stuff in today and I took all day (just got done) to build it, and build it RIGHT. I have checked everything multiple times and apparently I am missing something because when I go to start up my computer it doesn't start.

What I do:

1. Make sure everything is connected.
2. Turn the Monitor On.
3. Turn the power supply on.
4. Turn the computer on. (Monitor and then computer is how mobo instruction manual says to do it)

What happens:

When I go to turn the power supply I get one green light at the bottom of my mobo and the other light doesn't turn on. After this I turn on (or try to) my computer and I hear a little whining sound. The mobo fan twitches and then nothing happens. So I turn off the computer and come to this forum for support.

For anyone who dosen't know these are my computer specs:

ANTEC FULL TOWER 500W (CONSERVATIVELY RATED) TRUE POWER PSU
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE MOTHERBOARD
AMD 64BIT 3500 VENICE CHIP PROCESSOR
2 GIG CORSAIR TWINXDDR400 PC3200 RAM
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 250GIG 7200 RPM HARDDRIVE
EVGA GEFORCE 6600 128MB PCIe x16 VIDEO CARD
XP PRO W/ SP2 (Not installed yet because I can't get the computer to run)

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post!!

Thats a very nice computer. Does the PSU fans turn on when you turn on your computer(or at least try to,lol.)?

Dishdog said:
Thats a very nice computer. Does the PSU fans turn on when you turn on your computer(or at least try to,lol.)?

First off, thank you for the quick response!!!

I really need help here, and no the fans do not come on, nothing happens...just a twitch...

Well then it's either a faulty PSU or your MOBO isn't telling the PSU to turn on. faulty PSU theres no way to check unless you put a dif PSU in. check to make sure the switch wires from the front of your case are connected to your MOBO right.

Dishdog said:
Well then it's either a faulty PSU or your MOBO isn't telling the PSU to turn on. faulty PSU theres no way to check unless you put a dif PSU in. check to make sure the switch wires from the front of your case are connected to your MOBO right.

It looks to be connected correctly according to the colors of the pins and the manual.

The PSU seems to be working, but it may not be...are there any other options besides faulty PSU and mobo not being connected right?

The only other thing i can think of is on the back of your PSU theres a little switch to change the volts. make sure it's set to whatever your household is.

Yes check what dishdog said i had that problem not to log ago with a friends computer were were putting together.

Well after messing around with a few things it appears that the problem has been fixed...

I had a p.o.s. floppy drive in the computer to get me by until tomorrow and the other computer hardware didn't like it.

I'd just like to thank you guys for your effort to help me out! It is appreciated!

~XOMBIC

Ah kewl :p Glad it works now :) I thoguht I was going to come onto this thread to give a suggestion :p

Back
Top Bottom