My baby

Pidge14

In Runtime
I currently got into computers. And since i'm into computers its my new life. I got enough money to build my own. I got all the parts and found out that the memory i bought wasn't compatible, oh well. I'm going to buy a new one. My computer is my baby, my life. So i want the best for it. So i have some questions.

1) How hard is to cut and install your own side window? Also, is it expensive?
2) What are some good anti-virus and anti-spyware programs?

I will most likely think of more questions. But as of now I can't think of any.
I appreciate all help.

I'm not sure about that modification. I know someone on here has done it though. Maybe he'll reply. Good antivirus programs are the Norton Antivirus. For antispyware, use Microsoft Antispyware Beta. It's one of the best and it's free.

I have used Microsoft Antispyware Beta...it worked good. But when i loaded Spybot: Search and destroy on our family computer, it was catching things that MAB wasn't catching. So i'm a little "ify" on MAB. I have a 2005 version of Norton. I was also told by some people that Norton can be a little crappy. Also, if i were to use my current issue of Norton, could i update it so it can catch current viruses?

Yes. Norton have LiveUpdate feature that will automatically download new virus definitions.

As for the antispyware, it is better to have more than one. Keep the Spybot one and Microsoft too. I have Microsoft and Counterspy. There will NEVER be a single antispyware softare that will catch everything. That is why it is good to have multiple antispyware program setup. We have it setup like that on one of the servers at work.

Ok, i'll have more than one anti-spyware and anti-virus programs...i don't want anything happen to Her. What are some good free anti-virus programs i can get?

Pidge14 said:
Ok, i'll have more than one anti-spyware and anti-virus programs...i don't want anything happen to Her. What are some good free anti-virus programs i can get?
best way to do it is unplug the interenet wire (whichever one you're using) installing so many anti-spyware apps slows down the computer too much, on my new high-end workstations im only going to connect to download drivers, the rest of the time its going to be without internet.

I use norton because i get it for free. I like it. Spysweeper was rated #1. however norton has anti spyware now so i just that. i also dont go to stupid websites.

Ok, i'll keep that stuff in mind. Well, i got the memory and She is running. Only one problem...it says i should put in the start up disk. Which one disc is the start up disc? This is the first time i have actually built and did everything else after building it.

Back
Top Bottom