Multimedia Audio Controller Missing...

cpkramers

Baseband Member
I updated the bios for my Asus board last night, and now I have a missing "Multimedia Audio Controller" in Device Manager. Everything seems to be working fine, and I actually do have sound. I tried updating the driver for my Sound Blaster Audigy SE card, but it didn't fix it, and Windows can't find anything when it tries. What should I do to get rid of that yellow question mark? See my sig for my system. It is only about 3 weeks old. After updating the bios, I made a few changes such as memory voltage and speed etc, but is there anything in the settings that would effect this? Thanks.

I did the Creative AutoUpdate, and it was successful. However I still have the problem. Maybe I need to uninstall all the Creative stuff and drivers and re-install everything?

NOOOOO...

I had this problem previously. Its simple.

Your new motherboard must habe onboard sound which Windows is seeing, but not seeing it as in use, because you already have a dedicated sound board.

What you need to do is enter the BIOS (DEL key on most PC's at bootup), and within one of the menu's, switch off the sound chip, by disabling it.

Since all BIOS's are different, I can't really comment where but you'll find it.

Then, just save and exit.

Oh yeah! The onboard setting *slaps forehead*. Yeah, that thing is for your onboard lol!

Back
Top Bottom