MSN wont sign in...

Tribut3

Baseband Member
k, my computer is giving me alot of trouble lately, its not letting me update my anti-virus, and its not letting me sign into msn. i tried doing all the stuff it says to troubleshoot, and it still doesnt work, tried reinstalling, deleting cookies, turning firewall off, system restore... everything, im tempted to reformat, because I need msn for work. and windows messenger wont work either.

here are images of what i'm seeing:
http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/7846/untitled5hm.jpg
http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/4897/untitled19no.jpg

any tips would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like there is something wrong, are you on wireless or direct connection, make sure that windows firewall is off with exceptions on, make sure msn is on this list, and disable your main primary firewall, this should make it work, and im not sure for your antivirus. Try this and get back to me ;)

Ive been having a lot of trouble with MSN too. I think it's MSN's Problem. Try MSN Web messenger, that might work. But it's not your computer for sure.

same here and it took me some time to fix it. Msn is somewat linked with internet explorer, after i fixed my IE, msn started to work again. So here's what you probably should do:

open IE, internet options, connections, LAN settings, and try messing around with that (but DONT mess around with address and port).

and thats how i fixed mine, also, if you don't have IE then...I'm out of ideas.

I had that prob about 1 hour ago. It just started working again, i think it could of been the server. Next time this happens check the status.

still doesnt work. wtf...
anyone know how to fix the certificate thing, its probably related to msn not signing in...
web messenger works.

Can you sign in to Hotmail at least? Or do you get a one of those "Temporary Errors" posted? If it is, it's their network or server that's all screwed up. I had one this morning earlier, but working now.

i fixed it. turns out my computers date was fucking it up... thanks for the help anyway!

Back
Top Bottom