Mouse Spasms

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
With most mice I use, they tend to chuck spasms at random moments. It's not an issue when you're just doing day to day things, but when you're playing first person shooters it's a pain in the butt.

Basically, every now and then my optical mouse goes crazy - it makes the player look straight up and spin around really fast. Now if you're trying to snipe someone in the head it's REALLY annoying. This is just a basic logitech mouse, I'm sure the really expensive mice don't have this issue. However, surely there is some software around that stops your mouse from doing things like that?

Thanks
Rhys

This all depends on what kind of surface you are playing on.

I'm using my Microsoft mouse on a wooden surface with some irregularities in it, and it does tend to jump about sometimes randomly.

The better the mouse, the more sensitive it'll be to the surface I'd think, so getting a more expensive mouse, if you aren't going to have a mouse mat, would be daft probably.

I wasn't planning on getting an expensive mouse.

The surface I use is actually very smooth. It doesn't seem to matter what surface I put it on. I've cleaned the lens too - it happens with most mice.

I didn't say you were.

I don't know of any software though, since surely it'd misjudge fast movements for problems?

The problem must be with the surface you are playing on though if its happened with a few mice.

They do not like bumpy/shiny surfaces. Since the optical sensors are really sensitive, even the odd scratch could pose a problem.

I think its actual got to do with the laser, under the mouse you will see a scratch on the mouse laser.

thats why you spin

Back
Top Bottom