mouse and keyboard problems

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
when i first start up my computer, i can use the keyboard to choose which options i want, so i know that it works. the mouse is also lit up, but after i get past the windows welcome screen, the mouse dies and the keyboard still has the numlock light on, but none of the buttons work. i just fixed the windows/system32 error that i had for a week, and now the computer is working cept for the mouse and keyboard, so i cant really do anything. any1 know wat to do? please help!!!

its all wired keyboard and mouse. how do u reinstall the software, its a dell dimension 9100, i dont thiink i have the drivers for the mouse or keyboard, they usually install the drivers automatically when u insert them into the usb. now that i look at all the usb ports, none of them seem to be working , and the ethernet port isnt flashing a green light like it usually does. wat does all this mean?

u should just be able to plug in wired keyboards/mice and they work right away. maybe the usb ports are turned off, its happened to me before but i dont remember how to turn em back on...sry. if i figure it out i'll let u kno

Do you have a PS/2 keyboard or mouse laying around? If you do, plug those up and see what the problem is with your USB ports in the Device Manager. Something may be askew.

there isnt any ps2 ports in the back of the computer. i guess its too COOL for ps2 ports or something. I can't access anything on the computer after i logon, so i cant check the device manager or anything.

Back
Top Bottom