Mouse keeps freezing! please help

velosus

Solid State Member
hey all, new to the forum so like an introduction aswell! lol

hello!

Anyway, i have built myself a desktop and have been running it for a number of months, however the mouse i am using keeps freezing.
this is a random occurance, and cannot be pinpointed to any software or hardware. it freezes for up to 5 seconds and doesnt have a pattern for time of delay.

i dont have specifics for my computer sorry, but here are the basics:

intel core 2 duo - 2.4ghz
2.5 gb ram
500gb samsung sata hdd
nvidia nforce graphics card
running windows vista ultimate

the mouse is located here Mouse Details
does anybody have any idea how to overcome this?
anybody think its a software or hardware problem?

i have also used this mouse on othe comps so isnt really the mouse.

any info would be much appreciated.

thanks guys

Ian

hey, it works fine on othe comps on the same surface so its not the surface. many people have already asked lol, tis the most obvious thing people say.

Ian

Put a jacket on the poor rodent!

:D

On a serious note. Check what processes your computer is doing in the background. I think an application is causing your mouse to stop working briefly as your computer runs out of resources.

It could be your anti virus software or some kind of software that is shifting a lot of data around your CPU/Memory/Hard drive. When this happens your mouse will stop responding.

id try the obvious things like checking for viruses (and does the pc get slow sometimes?). id also try a different usb, and a usb hub if possible.
its clearly not a problem with the mouse so its either to do with the software/viruses, etc on your pc, or something more serious like a problem with the usb ports.

hey thanks for the replies, and the hilarious and unforseen comments :p lol. just trying some of these 'solutions' now, the usb one didnt work though, tried all the slots but still the same, back with an update and hopefully the solution soon :|

thanks again

Ian

hey thanks for the welcome :)

seems all my drivers are up to date etc. its really annoying me now argh!!

Ian

Did you install any new software before this started happening?

It may also be a hardware conflict. Look for any problems in device manager. Something else to try is to turn down the hardware acceleration.

Back
Top Bottom