Motherboard Form Factor

dmarciano

Baseband Member
I'm looking to buy a new MB and one that I came across list its physical specs as:

Form Factor: CEB
Dimensions: 12.0" x 10.5"
Power Pin: 24 Pin

What is a CEB form factor? Would a ATX Full Tower hold this MB? Any info is greatly appreciated.

It seems that they fit in some ATX cases, not others, but yeah, you will probably need a full tower, but some mid-towers will be fine.

Google the cases you are interested and see. It's basically an ATX, just a little longer.

I did for one case and it listed the form factor as: ATX (CEB 1.01) and that's what made me think that CEB and ATX were the same. Thanks for the info.

The CEB form factor is used for dual processor server motherboards. Basically it's an ATX sized motherboard with all the same mounting holes, but it's a little longer.

From what I've read, CEB form factor share the same hole pattern as an ATX motherboard except it is a bit longer. It should still fit in an ATX case.

The CEB form factor is a dual CPU server type motherboard. They generally wont work in most ATX full tower cases as they have different mounting hole locations. You'll have to find a case that specifically states that it supports CEB motherboards.

The CEB form factor is a dual CPU server type motherboard. They generally wont work in most ATX full tower cases as they have different mounting hole locations. You'll have to find a case that specifically states that it supports CEB motherboards.

Wikipedia said:
SSI CEB motherboards have the same IO connector area and many of the same motherboard mounting holes as ATX motherboards

It basically says that the only holes that might be different are moved only for the sake of the 2nd CPU.

I wouldn't mess around trying to use a CEB motherboard and finding a case that will fit it. Just buy a regular ATX or MicroATX motherboard and you will be able to use any case you want.

Back
Top Bottom