Motherboard decision

I was looking at a Lan board, but they do have all the connections i need. I.E. printer connection. But i like this board. And recommendations on others?

Printer connection? You mean USB or Parallel port? It should have both. Ok, I glanced at that Asus board and it does, so you're safe.

Nearly all motherboars do have parallel (LPT1) support so you're good there, but I have a feeling there's a 100% chance your new printer will be USB 2.0 :)

I would get this video card like right now. It's on sale for $155.99 with the rebate. It's a great deal and I'm a sucker for deals:

eVGA 256-P2-N624-AR GeForce 7900GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130056

But if you don't like that one, then the XFX you picked out is a great video card. I would buy it.

thats a nice card, but like TRD i'd prefer teh eVGA card. not just for the extra speed, but the brand itself is very dependable. and if you register the card when you buy it, you get a life-time warranty.

however, if you miss the sale on the evga, and can't afford the extra 25 for it, then that XFX is a good card.

That eVGA, I feel has a little more performance to it than the 7600GT. Here's another one of my ridiculous technical conclusion: the number 7900 is bigger than 7600 so the 7900GS hsa got to be better, lol. Funny huh? Yes, I know I'm a comedian.

Back
Top Bottom