Motherboard BIOS update?

Shantei

In Runtime
Well apparently people can overclocker their 4200+s up to 2.8Ghz on air ... but I can't seem to do that (upping the front side bus) and can only get stable of about 2.4Ghz. I was wondering whether it was because I needed more voltage, as my m/b will only take it up to 1.4 .. could it be this? Would BISO versions update this? How else could I overclock?

Also, I'mnot sure which BISO version to get. Should I download and install the oldest to the recent ones?

Thanks.

I'm assuming that your CPU runs @ 2200Mhz standard?

If your CPU multiplier is unlocked then you should achieve 2800Mhz with an FSB of 200Mhz and the multiplier set at X14.

At the moment the Multiplier is set at X11. And you probably ramped up the FSB to 228Mhz?

Also will your RAM run @ 912Mhz?

An FSB of 218Mhz seems fine and that means your RAM is running at 72Mhz above it's stock speed.

And update the BIOS only if you need too.

:)

I'm assuming that your CPU runs @ 2200Mhz standard?

If your CPU multiplier is unlocked then you should achieve 2800Mhz with an FSB of 200Mhz and the multiplier set at X14.

At the moment the Multiplier is set at X11. And you probably ramped up the FSB to 228Mhz?

Also will your RAM run @ 912Mhz?

An FSB of 218Mhz seems fine and that means your RAM is running at 72Mhz above it's stock speed.

And update the BIOS only if you need too.

:)

My multiplier is locked. Can't change it. Only lower it.

FSB overclocks memory and other shit, don't I not want that?

My multiplier is locked. Can't change it. Only lower it.

FSB overclocks memory and other shit, don't I not want that?

Yea. You wanna OC your CPU and Memory.

If your multiplier is locked then the only thing that will hold back any more OC'ing is the Memory.

Only increase voltage settings to make an OC stable.

Yea. You wanna OC your CPU and Memory.

If your multiplier is locked then the only thing that will hold back any more OC'ing is the Memory.

Only increase voltage settings to make an OC stable.

Lol, that's the problem though! I can't put my voltage over 1.4 .. and I really wanna :(

You might be able to get around that with a BIOS update.

And remember that there are different versions of the core, Windsor & Brisbane cores, that might give better OC's and unlocked multipliers.

Back
Top Bottom