motherboard ??

linuxx

Solid State Member
my computer is super slow. the power button previously messed up and i took it to the local computer dude. he barely fixed it so i had to fix it myself. i ask him if he can tell me about upgrading the ram because it only has 512 mb. which blows. so he says if i wanted to upgrade the memory i will need to put a new motherboard in, because 512 is all this one will hold! i mean is he lying or is this true. i have never saw a board that only holds 512 of ram.. i am confiudent i can do this myself. he was going to charge me around 200 for labor and the new board. i have took a comp apart and put it back together one time. and it worked. lol but i dont know much about it. i know how they work. but as far as what motherboard would be compatible with my gateway desktop i dont know. it is not an atx case so i guess that limits the boards that will fit? maybe it is an atx. i dont know how i can find all of this information out to see what is compatible for a replacement/upgrade. anyone have any ideas? i opened the case up and i saw "intel 315" on the motherboard. i am going to assume that the socket # is 315. never heard of 315. and search engine only brought up one!.. which is a biostar.. maybe this is too much info. sorry! :confused:

ok i downloaded everest and it is awesome, thanks so much for the link to that!

the mobo is a: Intel Fayetteville D815EFVU (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DIMM, Audio, Video)

the chipset is: Intel Solano i815E

what would be a compatible replacement for all of this?

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID 51-2300-000000-00101111-030199-$EA815_
Motherboard Name Intel Fayetteville D815EFVU

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel GTL+
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 100 MHz
Effective Clock 100 MHz
Bandwidth 800 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel Hub Interface
Bus Width 8-bit

Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1
Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 AGP
RAM Slots 3 DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, Video
Form Factor Micro ATX
Motherboard Size 210 mm x 240 mm
Motherboard Chipset i815E

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name Intel Corporation
Product Information http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/index.htm
BIOS Download http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/genbios.htm

wow, a socket 370 motherboard with SDRAM...

here ya go, the only one on Newegg, it can be upgraded to 1GB SDRAM (168 pin)...

DFI socket 370 motherboard

you might want to just gut that thing and buy a whole new motherboard, processor, and DDR2 SDRAM...

wow, a socket 370 motherboard with SDRAM...

here ya go, the only one on Newegg, it can be upgraded to 1GB SDRAM (168 pin)...

DFI socket 370 motherboard

you might want to just gut that thing and buy a whole new motherboard, processor, and DDR2 SDRAM...

so, this case is a micro atx? i saw that on here. and what mb's will fit into it? any suggestions at a cheap price. i know geeks.com are really cheap!

Side-that-opens---Rear-to-the-le.JPG

Bottom-without-stand.JPG

Well, most motherboards will fit in most towers, just not all the screws would go in the same place.

Ok, so a cheap motherboard, well, you have a wide range now.

Ok, so what is it your going to be doing on your pc.

well, a little bit of gaming not too much, wow and some other games. media downloading. i want alot of memory. lol and also im going back to school this falll so ill be doing work on here as well.

anything? lol

Back
Top Bottom