More Problems

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
It appears that my dads computer seems to be having random shut downs. I mean I haven't overclocked... I haven't done nothing to DL SP2 and a few other problems like a seagate partion tool and things along those general lines no room for viruses or anything and I hear 2 beeps.

I'm thinking ram... (WHICH WOULD REALLY SUCK)

Its AMD 3700
MOBO ASUS A8V
400 WATT PSU
AMD 3700
1 GIG Patrioit Ram 512 x 2
300 GIG seagate HD.

Do you guys think its the memory?

I think its RAM. I hear two beeps and I remember that what happened to my old PC but it was never even able to boot uip. I can succesfully gain access to XP! If anyone else has any suggestions i'm tkaing them.

take out one of the sticks of ram and see if it happens then?
then change the ram over and do the same.
this should tell you if it is the ram.
get back to us.
woz

I switched out both ram sticks, i'm going try a 3rd its litterally lasting maybe 3 or 5 mins at the most before a system shut down. If my ram don't work i'll RMA the mobo, and ram. Of course after redoing the computer.

NOTE! I believe I have fixed the problem but am not sure atm. Its been running longer then normal i'm DLing SP2 and intend on checking up on it again after about 30 mins of a break.

Please leave any more suggestions or comments if I discovered I have fixed it I will report back on how I fixed it thank you.

the same thing happend with my freinds computer i think the ram died or somthing not to sure but that is probally the problem

Its not the ram. The ram is fine. The ram question is out of reason. However the windows error saying

Geforce 6600 video card is causing the system to be unstable is a pretty clear sign of whats wrong. I'm going to redo the coputer tomorrow get the video card driver from evga or w/e and then if it don't work, i'll decide between RMA, and computer tech guy help.

If it were ram, your mobo would beep forever. Or until you changed the ram or until you turned off the power

Back
Top Bottom