More Memory Stuff

golfer07

In Runtime
ok say i buy a stick of 512 with good timings would it be better then if i bought some cheaper 1g stick with a lil worse timings ??

As long as they have the same mhz the 1Gb is going to be better than the 512. CL has some effect but it will not double the performance. But I'd gues that the 1GB is from some not so good manufacturer, which is most likely not going to perform as well as the ones from good manufacturers.

But still 1GB beats 512.

ok thx so that 512 you should is $60 and there were some 1g with good ratings for $60 for better performance i should go with the 1g correct ?

golfer07 said:
ok thx so that 512 you should is $60 and there were some 1g with good ratings for $60 for better performance i should go with the 1g correct ?
yeah, the more ram the better. Then the next thing that matters is the mhz, then comes the latency.

and what do you recommend for gaming i mean i only play COD2 do i rly need a gig or will a 512 be just fine ???

CL = cas latency. I think that is the most important of the latencies. If u want to know more use wikipedia.
mhz = mega hertz. It's like with processors, the faster (more hz) the thingy has the better it performs.

U already have 512 so if u add another one it will be fine. But I'd still get that 1GB because the more the better. And 1GB ain't much anymore. That's why I'm getting 2GB :)

oh, and use the edit button instead of double posting.

acutally i dont have 512 already i need to fix that cuz i just get a new proc and mobo and i was using 2700 and the mobo isnet compatible with it so now i need some more. so is 512 still good enough tho ?

golfer07 said:
acutally i dont have 512 already i need to fix that cuz i just get a new proc and mobo and i was using 2700 and the mobo isnet compatible with it so now i need some more. so is 512 still good enough tho ?

I'd imagine that COD2 needs 1GB of ram to run smoothly at high graphics. Go for the 1Gb, though get 2x 512 in dual channel if u can. The price will be more expensive but dual channel gives a huge boost to the performance.

Back
Top Bottom