Monitor Flickering, Bad GPU?

PaperPlunger

In Runtime
Ok, So I turned my computer on earlier, and the monitor weould not stop flickering on and off. It would go black, then everything would appear, then it would go black, etc. Eventually, it turned off for a while, ~5 seconds, and came back with like artifacts everywhere. Then it just restarted.

What's going on? It's relatively hot now, about 90-95 outside, so I was thinking that could cause a problem, but I doubt it. Why did this happen? It's a 7600GT XFX, I bought it around december.

Is my GPU ____?

EDIT

Meant to tell GPU in celcius lol. GPU is running at about 50c constant

Have you checked your cables? and made sure the card is seated properly?

Watch the language aswell, theres kiddies on here mate.:)

Edited that out. Hmm, it seems to have stopped now... Which is weird right?

I had left my computer on all day, and it has been HOT. 38c system temp! But I put some ice packs on it lol. I think it's weird that this just started happening, why did it do that?

Negative, it happened again while playing WoW. I hope that it stops, as I just downgraded my drivers a little bit.

Is it overclocked? If it is then try stock speeds. Could also be an overheating problem

Edited that out. Hmm, it seems to have stopped now... Which is weird right?

I had left my computer on all day, and it has been HOT. 38c system temp! But I put some ice packs on it lol. I think it's weird that this just started happening, why did it do that?

a system temperature of 38 celcius is good!

ERm, a system temp exeeding 35C isn't that good. if it would be the card or CPU, then okay.

Paperplunger, it looks like the card is overheating, and signal shutdown.

Back
Top Bottom