Modding my PC

VirtualDrone

In Runtime
I am thinking about modding my pc. Here is the deal, my 2 case fans on the back of my case are very limited by the case grill (see pic) I am thinking about cutting out the whole thing (outlined in black) and then getting some custom grills to allow maximum air flow. I want to do this cause i am thinking about overclocking and i want my pc to be as cool as possible. What do you guys think/suggestions? Also is pc wizard 07 accurate in measuring pc temps?

Picture006.jpg

My Friend did just that he cut a big chunk out the side of his case and put some form of mesh in there, you can by the kits online as well as for you software question Ive never used that program I use CPU COOL.

yeah thats fine i even did that to my case that didnt have a space for a side fan lol and it works pretty well.

also for temp monitoring your best bet is to download a tool from your motherboard site if they have 1

My Friend did just that he cut a big chunk out the side of his case and put some form of mesh in there, you can by the kits online as well as for you software question Ive never used that program I use CPU COOL.

How do you like CPU COOL? I assume pc wizard is accurate cause it uses the mobo chip to get the temps. I also need a program that puts the cpu and gpu under full load. Do you guys know of any?

You can get a 79mm hole saw for a drill that does a jam up job. Wire grills will give you the best air flow and they're cheap.

You should definately do that. That will increase the airflow alot! Plus will make it quieter cause you won't hear the air rushing through the holes, it will be going straight through with no blockage.

You can get a 79mm hole saw for a drill that does a jam up job. Wire grills will give you the best air flow and they're cheap.

make sure the drill you use is one connected to a outlet, a cordless dosent have enough torque. dont try to do it any other way either it gets too sloppy

How do you like CPU COOL? I assume pc wizard is accurate cause it uses the mobo chip to get the temps. I also need a program that puts the cpu and gpu under full load. Do you guys know of any?

CPU COOL can be configured to you Mb, there is a setting in it that lists the brands of you board, but I don't use it, I use CPU COOL to monitor my system temps only.

Back
Top Bottom