Mobo And Graphics Card Question.

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
hi all. just brought an sapphire (radeon) hd 4850 graphics card, i was going to pair it with ASUS M3A 770 Socket AM2+ 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard is there any potential problems i should watch for?

hi all. just brought an sapphire (radeon) hd 4850 graphics card, i was going to pair it with ASUS M3A 770 Socket AM2+ 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard is there any potential problems i should watch for?

there are the stock idle speed and heat issues I guess, but there are two solutions...

you can just create different profiles in CCC to adjust the fan speed to whatever you're doing at the moment, if you're card is getting hot while gaming, create a gaming profile and ramp up the fan to hair dryer mode to cool it (usually 75% or higher)...

or you could try the risky all in one fix...

stock idle speed fix and fan fix in one shot:

this is pretty risky, as you could end up bricking your card if something goes wrong...

use ATIwinflash and edit the bios to reduce the gpu clock to 160mhz and the memory clock to 500mhz at idle...

here are the instructions...

download Radeon Bios Editor v1.11 RBEv1.11

download ATIwinflash ATIwinflash

download the aforementioned 4850 bios applicable to your card (find your manufacturer here)
video bios

open up RBE and load your 4850 bios file, then go to clock settings, uncheck "locked" and edit these fields (clock info 1 & 4) to read 160/500, don't change the voltages (the third box)...

atihelp1.jpg

then go to fan settings and adjust the graph, this is what mine looks like and my fan only kicks into hair dryer mode when I'm gaming and tops off at about 55° (it runs about 40-45° at idle)...

atihelp2.jpg

save it to a filename you'll remember (I use fanfix, it adds the extension .bin automatically)...

then open ATIwinflash, load the image you just created and click program, wait for it to finish, reboot and you're done...

this is very risky though, as it will definitely void any warranty you have if you brick it...

Back
Top Bottom