mice and keyboards don't work

mikee

Fully Optimized
On my sisters computer when you plug any mouse and keyboard kn they just dont work and none of the lights come on, I've tried normal and usb mice and keyboards and none of it works. I tested 3 different keyboards on it and they don't work, same with mice. all of these worked on other somputers but when plugged into her computer nothing happens at all.

hmmmm has she been dooing anything with the ports the go in maybe she has damaged the on board mouse and keyboard ports, have you checked the device manager to see if there is any question marks where the mouse and keyboard should be?

Steff said:
have you checked the device manager to see if there is any question marks where the mouse and keyboard should be?

that might be slightly difficult if you can't use the mouse or keyboard. ;)
I'd try resetting the bios, just unplug the power from the computer and pull out the cmos and leave it out for a few minutes.

mikee286 said:
pull the cmos, wheres that?

it's the small battery in the mobo. Just remember that doing this will reset the bios. So any overclocking or other changes made will be gone.

edit:
cmos battery:
cmos+battery.gif

Theres normally a jumper next to the battery, it will say something like RESET CMOS, just move the jumper to the other position for 10seconds, then move it back, and that will reset it for you. If that doesnt work, then ya must have a mobo problem

The removing battery didnt fix it, will moving the jumper be any different than removing the battery.

just a few short questions, do you have the option on your mach to use PS2 mouse and keyboard? it would be good to see if all drivers and loaded correclty Device manger. When the mach starts up are there any error messages when the mouse and keyboard are plugged into USB ports? Can you plug in a USB keyboard and enter the BIOS at startup? Most machine you need to Press F1 or Delete key, this just tests if its some windows software being gay. Plz try

Back
Top Bottom