Memory

CGfreak102

In Runtime
well i just got my last stick of pc2-5300 and put it in, heres the layout i have 4 sticks and they are all 1GB sticks, well windows only ready 3.23GB of ram, and i was like thats weird, so i DL CPUZ and ran it but that says 4GB i have windows vista home preiume

just would like to know whats up, im not that concerned

windows can only address/recognize something like 3,6 Gb of RAM (well, the old 32-Bit version anyway) plus some of the memory is used for system tasks that run in the background.

32bit operating systems are limited to 3.25gb.
Don't know why you would have 32bit vista though, but I'd still make sure since it definitely sounds like the os would be 32bit.

oh i didnt see the vista home premium part.... (doh)

i thought all vista's were 64 bit :confused:but definetly if its 32-Bit then thats the reason its showing it to be lower, so long as CPU-Z says you have 4Gb nothings wrong, must be just tasks running in the background (could even be a virus)

No not all Vista OS's are 64 bit. Even though Windows can't see all 4GB, programs you run can use all the memory.

When SP1 comes out for vista, It'll see all four gigs of ram.

How is that rig of yours running? I haven't had a chance to use my retail edge stuff yet.

its running fine, the only problem is the HDD but since we just got paid, it will be good im thinking 320 will be fine, since i have some other bills to pay, and then after i get my money from Mcd's ill buy a graphics card

and then here comes COD4 and u better watch ur back

Back
Top Bottom