Memory

darthvader619

In Runtime
Anyone know how to put more memory in the comp, not phisically with plug-in RAM, but like do something in the "my computer"

Do you mean Virtual memory (adding virtual data which acts as RAM)

or do you mean memory as in hard drive space? Which I think you mean, in which case you'll need a new hard drive with more storage. What do you tend to use it for?

ah, i get you.

Go to Start, then Control Panel
Click on System, and go to the advanced tab.

Go to where it says performance and click on settings, and then the Advanced tab.

Virtual Memory is then at the bottom, and you can change the amount by pressing Change:) Don't put too much though, just increase it a bit more to see if it helps. If you have alot of hard drive space, you could put it up a little bit more

Hope this helps

LOL, I think you mean a harddrive? Like memory to store stuff? If that's the case, you need a new harddrive. QUite easy to install and you can find them at most any computer store

V-Mem is a bit of space on your harddrive dedicated for RAM usage. Most computer don't have a enough ram to run programs. Say a prog requires 300 megs, and you have 256M system ram. You're computer will take the difference and use some of you're harddrive for it.

It uses a portion of the hard drive as virtual memory, Basically like RAM to run programs. I don't exactly know how it works, and it isn't as fast as getting more RAM but can help for caching programs if you have alot running, and alot of hard drive space to go with it

Back
Top Bottom