Media question.

mtparker18

Beta member
Hey guys.

I went and bought a new tv this week and heres my question.

I have a Compaq SR5110NX

Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4GHz, 512MB RAM, 120GB HDD, Vista Home Basic

I added a video card and another 512mb ram.

I want to put this onto my tv and use it as a media pc, I want to add vista home premium (for media center), dvd ripping software (to put my movie collection onto my computer so I don't have to run around the house looking for a movie), a tv tuner (to record shows/movies off of cable), a 500gb hard drive (to store the videos on), and change the ram to 3gb.

I still want to be able to use this as a regular computer also.

Will this work?
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Wow...at first I thought, "He's very courageous! Running vista with 512mb". Then I saw that you added another 512mb. Still kind of pushing it.

Yes, it will work wonders. Get a wireless keyboard and mouse though. So you don't sit right in front of the TV (assuming this is a big TV, 40"+). Btw, what video card do you have?

I don't know if this posted before (the wifi where I am keeps kicking me off >:O)

I'm not sure what the card is, I have to check when I get home sunday.
Being the card has s-vid, vga, and DVI outputs, which would be better to hook up to my tv? the DVI would be converted to a HDMI with a DVI-to-HDMI adapter.

The tv is a 58"

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse, I also want a remote for it too.

Should I add a sound card to it also?

Thanks.

Woah! That's one big TV.
I think the DVI -> HDMI would be best option.
You can buy a cable to run the sound off your TV if you want. Although if you have a surround sound system for the PC you can use that.

Yeah, I have a surround for the TV, I'm gonna run it to the TV first and then run it to the surrround, so I don't have to always have the surround on for sound.

Thanks alot for your input.

Back
Top Bottom