Massive Slowdown!! - NEED HELP - REP TO WHOEVER HELPS

N_350Z

In Runtime
Okay guys, my Internet browsing speed has gone down the chute. It's ridiculously slow now. I ran Sybot Search and Destroy, and Ad-Aware, cleaned out my cookies, cache, and everything else I could think of.

I'm using Firefox 1.5 and I get lots of slowdown. I tried Opera and IE and I'm getting the same thing. It's really, really, really, irritating the hell out of me, and I think I'm going to go crazy.

BTW, I'm on dial up as well. It's not the fastest thing when it's running normal, but I mean, come on!

Rep to whoever can help me fix this.

How long has it been like this? might just be isp issues and be fixed in a couple of hours..

It's been like this ever since I got home from school. So about six hours or so.

i'm betting on it being something with your isp. give them a call tomorrow if it is still being slow and see what they recommend. that is definently your best course of action.

Shouldn't my connection speed be slowed down too then? I'm still getting the ~40 kbps range when I connect.

And actually, my best course of action would be getting DSL/Cable. But my dad won't. So shame on him.

40kbps?!?!!?!?!?

Your half way to my high speed broadband. Shit thats like my internet on a bad day. Haha damn..

Honestly, your probably just getting that spike when you connect and its an isolated incident. Your connection speed for dial up is really more like 3/4kbps.

I know its 56K.

But when you actually download something its at like 3/4/5kbps...

I would upload a picture proving you wrong, but it's tooo slooooooow.

My download speeds are normally in the 4-6kb/s range, if that's what you were thinking. I'm not downloading things at 40kb/s.

Back
Top Bottom